2012年5月12日 星期六

The Pride of Cooperstown (5/7/2012~5/9/2012)


After three-days stays and a lot of conversation with people in Cooperstown, I've found that Cooperstown is proud of two things. One is the beautiful natural scenary. The other one is National Baseball Hall of Fame (HOF). My home dad Doug and home mom Chris owns a really nice house in the country. . Everyday I can see the green field and hear the birds singing, which makes me feel peaceful and delightful.



Though I live in a city, I like the nature more. This arrangement of host family is so perfect for me that I just want to jump on the top of hills everyday.


The hiking trail behind the Clark Sports Center is another amazing place. Chris participates in "Commit to Be Fit." Therefore, she took me there to work out with her friends. We tried walking, pingpong, and hiking. The air was so fresh in the trail. I wish I could stay there longer.



I really appreciate What Doug and Chris have done for me. Doug used his connections to arrange an extra short vocational visit. I had a great and meaningful conversation with a banker, Charles. Chris helped me to do the laundry and went hoking with me. All they have done really make me feel touched.


HOF is the major tourist spot in Cooperstown. Baseball is our national sports. I was so excited to visit HOF and we found two items from its collections are related to Taiwan. The baseball camp starting from early June is one of the big events in Cooperstown. Many kids come to Cooperstown and play tournament with other teams. This event not only brings laughter to the town, but also fosters the economic activities in the town.


Fenimore Art Museum and Farmer's Museum are two fabulous museums in Cooperstown. We were supposed to have a walking tour in Cooperstown on May 8, but the rain stopped us. Therefore, we turned to visit these two museums. Femimore has many nice collections, and it was good to learn some history of Cooperstown from Paul, who dressed up like a British man in 19th century. I also had my firstever carousel in Farmer's Museum. That was fun especially when I get older and older. It  reminded  me of the childhood memory.


We had our first presentation in Cooperstown. Many people came to meet us. We were a bit nervous because that was our first try. But I also think we have done a good job so far. 


At the last part, I want to say "thank you" to Doug, Chris, Paul, Michael, and all of you who help our trip be wonderful in Cooperstown. Hope I will see you again soon.

沒有留言:

張貼留言